Momentum Waikato will open its first Vital Waikato Grants round on Friday 14 October.
Drawing on the inaugural Waikato Vital Signs 2016 report, grants will be directed towards the top two priorities for action, as identified by our community:
1. Working together to improve community connectedness
2. Developing better education and pathways for our youth
The $1 million grant is available to fund up to three initiatives relating to these two priorities only. Interested change-makers are invited to submit an initial expression of interest describing initiatives that focus on either or both of these priorities.
Momentum Waikato will consider funding initiatives from change-makers that meet all of the following five criteria:
1. Respond to a clear need in the Waikato – the challenge is significant and deeply rooted in the Waikato community.
2. Be inspirational – the outcomes are visible and inspire greater community generosity.
3. Be transformational – the outcomes disrupt the status quo to catalyse and accelerate much needed change.
4. Demonstrates leadership – organisations have a track record and the organisational capacity to deliver the outcomes at governance, management and initiative levels
5. Be scalable and sustainable – the outcomes have the potential to be delivered across the Waikato, and possibly nationally with other players, beyond the time that funding ceases.
The closing date for expressions of interest is Friday 11 November, and Momentum Waikato intends to announce successful initiatives that will share the $1M grant in March 2017.